Thursday, March 18, 2010

Busy, Busy

Wow I did a lot today.

It started off with a nice run.  It was warm today, a whopping 54 degrees.  The run was good but my ankle really hurts and I don't know what I did.  It squeaks.  Or would if it wasn't composed of muscle and skin tissue.

Anyways, then Sam and I went down to the commune and got the paperwork needed so we can get back into the country once our visas expire (because they expire the first of April or thereabouts).  That was a fun walk.  Both times we've been amazed because it's the longest distance we've ever walked in a straight line to actually get anywhere useful. 

Then we stopped by the grocery store before heading back to the apartment.  I made popcorn for lunch and then we left for the European Union.  We listened to a powerpoint presentation for over an hour and then saw the room for the European Parliament.  It kindof looked like the UN conference room or whatever it's called, but it was cool nonetheless. 

Feeling spirited, Sam and I walked back from the EU with a few others, passing under the Arch du Triomphe, which is where I run.  It was the first time she had been up close and personal, and found it pretty cool.  All in all, it was a very active day. 

I grabbed the metro when we got back and headed over to the other grocery store.  I made tuna flower for dinner tonight, and it went over really well.  There are seconds for the first time ever, perhaps because I kvetched a little.  But then I made brigadeiru and it's already gone.  Between seven girls, it evaporated.  The sprinkles here are strange and not crunchy like I expected, but still very tasty. 

Then I logged on and did some management and now it's time for bed.  It's been a busy day. 

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment