Sunday, April 11, 2010

All Caught Up

Wow. It's been an incredible ten days.  I'm sad that they're over.  Having Gabe here and traveling with him was a blast and I'm sorry that he had to leave this morning.

We got up early and had breakfast before catching a taxi to the airport.  It turned out that we got there pretty early and there wasn't a line, so we sat in the cafe for a bit before he had to go through security.  I miss him already, but I'll be home in three weeks.

Three weeks.

This program was sixteen weeks. There are three left.  What happened? How? I can't believe how fast it's passed.  It simultaneously feels like I've been here forever but also like I was at Magnet yesterday.  I graduated nearly a year ago.  And this summer will be here in three weeks, and then two years left of college and I'm just going to stop because I don't want to think about it.  I think I finally understand the phrase, "Carpe diem."

So let's review, now that I'm staying in Brussels for the rest of my study abroad:

Brussels, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Zurich, Venice, Lido, Madrid, Toledo, Barcelona, Bruges, Dublin, Howthe, Birmingham, London, Paris, Charleston, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Nahariyya, Ginosar, Abu Gosh, Tiberius, and Amsterdam.

Twenty-four in thirteen weeks. Wow.  Five weekends out of fifteen spent in Brussels... That seems like a lot, but only because they were so spaced out.  Now, to rank them:

Tel Aviv, Ginosar, Jerusalem, Nahariyya, Tiberius, Howthe, Haifa, Dublin, Charleston, Abu Gosh, Venice, Barcelona, Zurich, Madrid, Birmingham, Amsterdam, Lido, Dusseldorf, London, Paris, Toledo, Bruges, Cologne, Brussels

(This is how it was last time I ranked them: Howth > Dublin > Venice > Charleston > Barcelona > London > Madrid > Zurich > Rockland > New York City > New Orleans/Baton Rouge > Cologne > Bruge > Toledo >Dusseldorf > Brussels)

Anyways.  After the airport, I came back to the apartment and did homework, took a shower, did some laundry, had a BLT for lunch and procrastinated.  Also, all pictures are up and tagged and commented and everything and (if you couldn't already tell) I updated my blog to include everything and catch up.  This week and next should be busy with lots of homework and tests.  Marion and Nigel come tomorrow afternoon, too.

But now it's time to actually do work.  Homework and reading. Tests next week. 

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment