Well, this morning we slept in before eating a yummy breakfast of eggs, toast and bacon (thanks, Dad =] it is really good). Then we headed to the grocery store.
We went to the Colruyt to see what they had and if there was anything interesting that Gabe wanted to take home. We had gone to the GB, so we knew of some things he wanted, but we found some others. Not everything we wanted was there, so we did end up going back to the GB, and I hope that he and everyone he shares with enjoys it.
We packed when we got back, and both suitcases came out perfectly. I owe a huge thank you to Gabe for taking so much stuff back with him. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten everything back without him. I don't even know how I'm going to get it all home now... I have to go to the post office soon, though, but we'll see how much I have to ship.
Then we went down to Grand Place, where we got frites with curry ketchup, which was very tasty. We enjoyed walking around and watching the people. Gabe remarked that the biggest difference between Brussels and Charleston is that none of the tourists here smile. I'd never noticed, but I guess it contributes a lot to the overall feel of Belgium. There were also a ton of tourists.
We had dinner at the same restaurant the program ate at the first night, and we both had delicious vol-au-vent. Gabe enjoyed a Tongerlo beer and I had a Mystic Cranberry Raspberry. Afterwards, we each got waffles (white chocolate/dolce de leche for him and chocolate and strawberries for me) and returned to the apartment.
We're going to watch a movie, but most likely we'll fall asleep. Ten days flew by and I can't believe Gabe is leaving tomorrow morning. =[ It's been a ton of fun. I asked him today what was most interesting about the trip, and he said that it was Israel being as modern and cosmopolitan as it was. I guess I'd have to agree, but I don't feel I was as surprised. We'd both recommend visiting Israel to anyone and everyone.
Goodnight, world.
No comments:
Post a Comment