Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a day...

Well, this morning I woke up lateish to a breakfast prepared by Marion and Nigel.  I soon left for a NATO-Parliamentary Assembly thing for law, which was actually pretty interesting.

NATO is obviously the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but the NATO-PA is what we visited today.  While they work with NATO, it is actually something separate, with basically a collection of congressmen and parliamentary figures who get together to actually solve the world's problems.  Though the guys who talked today both claimed they were liberal, there was general consensus among the Republicans who attended that he should run for president.  Overall, the lecture was really interesting, and I'm glad I went, even if I was a little late.

Then I went over to CUBC for finance class, which was just delightful.  Eric really is a wonderful person, but he can't teach.  We whipped through slides, missed so much, everyone was confused, and all he said was, "This is so easy." I was literally laughed at when I asked him to go through an example. I wasn't the only one who got that response, either.  He finds it amusing that we don't understand and, instead of helping, tells us to read the book or ask someone else.  We did a problem which was "super easy" but he couldn't even give us the right formulas or figure out the answer.

Then I came back to the apartment and took a shower before Marion and Nigel got back from MiniEurope, where Sam had suggested they go.  They did greatly enjoy it.  We had tea and brownies before they left to wander some more and I did "homework"...

We met at 8 for dinner, and tonite we had Chinese.  I had wonton soup and sweet and sour pork, which wasn't bad.  Dinner lasted a long time and we got back about 11.

When we got back, I asked if anything exciting happened - well, the answer was yes.  And we had missed it by about 15 minutes.  Kristen had gone out to dinner with a whole bunch of people for someone's 20th birthday and came back early since they were all going out to drink and she doesn't.  So it was pretty early and we've gotten back much later.  But two guys mugged her outside our apartment! Literally on our doorstep. She screamed and Sam heard her from the 3rd floor (4th if you count the American way).  A car pulled up and honked and shined their lights at the guys, but Kristen didn't get a good look.  She was shaking too much to even get the key in the door even though she was standing right there and had it out.  She did get in,  and she was fine and nothing was taken, but she's shaken up a bit.  I think we all are.  Sam and I have been pretty confident about going out and stuff, and we're in a really good part of town, so it's surprising and worrying.  We'll just be extra careful from now on.

After that, there isn't much else to say.  Just homework and bed.

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment