So today I woke up, finished my outline for speech, took a shower and went to Planete Chocolat.
It was really cool and we had lots of fun. We got chocolate for answering questions like what's in chocolate and who brought it back to Europe, which I knew from previous chocolate museum and factory tours. They gave us specialty chocolates and their special hot chocolate. Then we got to play with and make our own chocolate. We worked it on the granite counters, as well as made our own pralines - dark chocolate with hazelnut filling. It was delicious. Oh, and we made some of the chocolate dipped orange things. All very yummy.
Then we all rushed back to CUBC for our law test, which was hopefully better than the last, but I couldn't tell with that one and really couldn't with this one. We then did a chapter before getting dismissed for Easter, and the comm class stuck around for our speeches.
They were informative speeches, supposed to be about six minutes. I think that there shouldn't be a maximum time limit. Some speeches were actually really interesting - I never thought the history of golf would be so intriguing - and some fell a little flat. We all had the options of getting feedback on our outlines, and our teacher suggested that I make it less listy - my speech was about Douglas Adams, and I had written all of the titles down with publication dates.
So I tried to summarize.
For those of you who have read Adams' work, you realize how difficult this is... I ended up at thirteen minutes, but got a "good delivery" and "you held my attention the whole time" which is more than can be said for some of the others. I felt stupid. Really stupid. But my justification is that I tried to make it less listy - there was no way to summarize his books in less than a paragraph each. There are too many plot lines, or there is total lack of a plot line, so it just didn't work. We'll see what he says, and I have a reflection paper to write on it.
After speech, we all came back to the apartment and chilled for a while before I made dinner. Beef stroganoff, out of a box, with green beans and very delicious. It was a small group and one of the cheapest meals so far - food here is so expensive. Then we all relaxed, and some watched Entourage. I had coffee ice cream with nerds (so good!) and then promptly fell asleep on the couch. I woke to screaming over the show, and hung my laundry up to dry.
Tomorrow I'm going to the bookstore with Sam's mom, then going to finance. She leaves Friday morning, and Gabe comes soon after. I'm so excited for the next week and a half. =] Israel Saturday night through Thursday morning, and then Amsterdam Friday. It will be so much fun.
Time for bed, now.
Goodnight, world.
A big time coming up. Mom and I are proud of all that you do.
ReplyDelete