Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fantastic Friday

Wow.  Today was awesome.

I got up, said goodbye to Sam and her fam and went down to the airport to pick up Gabe.  He got in on time and, though tired, was finally here. 

We came back to the apartment to put stuff away and clean up, stopping to get waffles from the lady in the metro station.  After relaxing for a bit, we went out for kebaps, went for a walk to the top of the parking garage with 360 degree view, and then headed over to Grand Place and saw Mannekin Pis.  We wandered around a bit, seeing the Galerie Royal and getting some chocolate.  Then we came back and watched Ocean's Eleven.  We were both tired and Gabe slept a bit.  Half-way through, we got hungry, so I made dinner.

It was an interesting dinner...  Ranch potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and what was supposed to be hamburger patties.  I went to the Colruyt this past week and got meat - I asked for meat to make hamburgers.  What I got came in patties, but I figured it was just those pre-made hamburger things.   Well, I opened it up, and it was bright orange.  I figured I'd cook it - it was just seasoning... But it turned into a crunchy shell sort of thing.  It wasn't the right color for beef, either, when you cut it open.  Anyways, I cooked it through and we cut it open.  Gabe decided it was ham, and I would have to agree.  I couldn't eat mine, and had leftover lemon chicken instead, but he put cheese on his and said it wasn't bad. 

Then we finished the movie and went out to Delirium.  I was so proud of myself for being able to find it - I'd only ever followed people to get there.  I had a Kasteel Rouge in an awesome glass and got a Chimay for Gabe.  We both enjoyed it.  We came back after one drink and are going to bed.  We're tired.

Goodnight, world.

1 comment: