Well, today was fun, I guess.
I got up sortof early and went down to Waterstone's with Sam's mom. I got five books, three by Margaret Atwood - The Edible Woman, Lady Oracle and The Blind Assassin. I also got The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb (who I've never heard of) and my most exciting find was And Another Thing, which was written by Eoin Colfer as part six of the Hitchhiker's Trilogy. We shall see how it turns out.
Then we stopped by the grocery store and got fresh berries before getting waffles in the metro station. Sam's mom made delightful looking waffles piled high with chocolate and fruit. They said they were very good.
Then it was off to class. We reviewed and learned about our teacher's grandparents, who were in Brussels during the second World War. We looked at some old bonds and stocks, and that's about it.
The rest of the day wasn't particularly interesting. I read a tiny fraction of our finance book (as we have a quiz on Thursday) and did some other review. I did get to watch the new episode of In Plain Sight and talked with some people. Gabe left at 7:30 my time, and he should be here tomorrow morning. I can't wait.
I got an email about 9 with the link to our speeches. Mine was about Douglas Adams, and starts at 1:15:38 if you would like to watch it. We have a reflection paper and our next speech proposals due Tuesday, so I did them tonight, as it would be difficult to do them while in Israel or when Gabe is here. My proposals are... interesting, as they are persuasive subjects. I tried not to be cliche, but I don't think I succeeded. I'll let you know what I choose and what the runner ups were in a week or so when I actually start writing and researching my speech.
For now, it's bedtime. I'm excited for tomorrow.
Goodnight, world.
No comments:
Post a Comment