Monday, March 29, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Well, I guess I should explain my absence....

Friday morning I got up early and went to the airport and caught a plane back to Charleston.  Of course, it wasn't really that easy, as they had canceled all flights from Newark to Charleston, so I got rerouted through Charlotte and ended up arriving nearly four hours later than planned.  But still, I got home, took a shower and went to prom.  It was a blast and I had so much fun seeing all my friends.  Afterwards, we went camping out in McClellanville, where we had a bonfire and lots of fun.

Saturday I got up, went home and went grocery shopping with Dad.  I ended up with 50 pounds of food.  Not all for myself, of course, as everyone asked for things to be brought back, mostly mac and cheese.  Then we had delicious BLTs for lunch and I unpacked before going downtown.  I spent some time chatting, and then Gabe and I walked around.  I had forgotten how enjoyable walking around downtown was.  We went back to my house and Dad made us dinner, which was very tasty and then we relaxed for a while.

Sunday flew by, as we got up, had breakfast, and then I went to the airport.  No troubles checking in and then I had a four hour layover in Newark.  The plane left a little early, which was nice, and the flight wasn't so bad.  I slept a bit on both and feel reasonably rested, but it will be time for a nap soon. I got back and immediately checked my email and facebook, as I had gone for several days without, and then typed this up.  I have class this afternoon, and Kristen is leaving for Italy, so it will be Sam and me until Thursday when she leaves, and then Gabe comes on Friday.  =]

I'm so happy I had the opportunity to go home, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone.  Thank you so much for everything.  I love and miss yall already, but I'll be home in a month.  (I can't believe it's only four weeks away!) 

And now it's naptime.

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you and we are proud of all that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete