Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday, because I feel like being boring.

First, I need to present an apology to my parents.  With the annoyance I felt over our speech professor and other things, I forgot to mention the AWESOME package I got during marketing.  =]  It had mac and cheese, peanut butter, delicious muffins, rubber bands galore and a whole bunch of awesome stuff.  Thank you <3

Ok, so today... I had my speech class.  But before that three of Sam's friends who are studying at UCLA, which is a 30 minute train ride from here, came over.  They all talked for a long time while I did mostly homework.  Then we went to speech class. 

I ended up skipping huge sections of my outline and changing a whole bunch, but I was really confident and passionate about my topic, so I was really comfortable.  I did hit all my key points, just in a different order, and I really hope I did well on it.

Afterwards, I came back to make dinner.  I have a Jewish cook book that I got in Venice, and in it there's a recipe for matza ball soup.  It wasn't bad, just not very fluffy.  I think that has to do with the fact that you were supposed to whip egg whites to stiff peaks, and I had to do it by hand (as in, I gave up after 20 minutes because my hand was hurting).  No one knew any better and said they liked them, which I guess was good.

The real crowd pleaser was my clementine chicken breasts.  It's the second time I've made them, and this time I added a sauce to go with it.  I'll add the recipe after the jump.

After dinner, everyone went to go study.  We have a test tomorrow and finals next week (well, those that have classes other than marketing).

Goodnight, world.


Clementine chicken

Chicken breasts, sliced to even thickness
Clementines
Salt and pepper

Heat up a small amount of oil in nonstick frying pan, squeezing the juice from one clementine and then adding the flesh.  Score both sides of the chicken, then season with salt and pepper to taste.  Place chicken in pan and squeeze more clementine juice over it.  You can add the pulp as well, if you'd like.  Turn chicken over when edges turn white.  Add enough water to very slightly cover the bottom of the pan and cover.  Remove chicken from pan when cooked through.

To make sauce, add two tablespoons (or thereabouts) of honey and boiling water.  Also add another clementine.  Mix well and strain, using the back of a spoon to remove rest of liquid from pulp. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean that you will be cooking more when you come home. You were already a good cook, now it seems that you are even better. Watch out Alton Brown, here comes Michelle.

    ReplyDelete