Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Windy, Rainy, and Warm

Today I slept in, still feeling bad, but had energy.

I went in search of a library.  According to the internet, there should have been one near the stop after Arts-Loi (I'm blanking on the name right now), so that's where I went.  I found an awesome thrift store (Gabe and Shreyas would be jealous of the coats) and got a cute skirt.  I also found the African section and some awesome clubs that I will have to take people back to, as well as some delicious looking Kebap stores.  What I didn't find was a library.  I asked, but no one knew. 

It was really windy, slightly rainy, and not a very nice day to be out, but I was fine in a long sleeve tee shirt and no leggings under my jeans.  It was awesome... and only in the low 50's.  What's happening to me? =]

Anyways, then I went to the post office with Kristen.  Her mom sent her package Feb 3 and she just got it today.  The other thing is that she's had to pay 10-20 euro to pick up each of her four packages.  Something about a customer tax or customs or something.  Hopefully I won't have to pay on any of my packages - I haven't so far. 

Then we came back, I made us French toast and had some more fried bologna.  I guess I really haven't talked about lunch, yet, though. 

So, while I was in search of the library, I found a DelHaize (one of the better grocery stores).  I went in to see if they had anything cheap for lunch.  I'm a chicken.  I won't buy deli/lunch meat here.  Mostly because I can't identify it and because the first time I went to the store I got some, and it was bad (past the expiration date). 

Anyways, I was super excited because I got what I thought was sausage, pancake mix, fish sticks and some other stuff.  I came home and decided I would cook all the sausage because it takes a while and then I would only have to microwave it when I wanted it.  I opened it up... and it looked and smelled like bologna.  You have to understand, it came in one of those roll things that the sausage patties come in, or the ground beef you buy in two pound packages from Harris Teeter... Not what you (at least I) would think bologna would come in.  I wasn't sure what it was, so I cooked it to make sure, and it really wasn't bad.  In fact, it was pretty good.

So after dinner, I logged on, did random stuff, and then wrote this.  I feel like I have a lot of time to kill, as represented by the 5+ movies I watched this weekend.  But I'm glad I had a relaxing few days and still have a week before my next big trip.  We are going to Bruge on Friday, the whole group.

Goodnight, world.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should send some lunchmeat but can't imagine what shape it would be since it is taking 2+ weeks for packages to get there. If FedX or UPS any better for shipping than USPS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only in the senes that they have a tracking number... In other words, no. But thanks.

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete