Friday, February 7, 2014

A Day of Shopping

Today's post is 90% pictures. It's sort of self-explanatory. If you have questions, let me know!

First, we go to the artists' market: 








And then we go to the food market!
























The shuk has amazing food and is reasonably priced.  Not as cheap as the market in Jerusalem that we went to, but on par/cheaper than the supermarkets here in Tel Aviv. And it's all fresh and amazing!

After shopping, I went over to the apartment because I was grocery shopping for Inge, and then we ended up going to her friend Hilda's for Shabbat dinner. She lives in a very nice old age home, and they had a lovely dinner for us.  Her son, Selvin, drove us and ate with us, and it was a good night.

Dinner was... abundant. First we had Israeli salad (diced cucumbers and tomatoes with different seasoning and sometimes addition of garlic, bell peppers or some other things), fresh challah, and then a selection of egg salad, gefilte fish and smoked salmon (all of which I politely declined... but I did taste it!).  Then came chicken noodle soup with crackers.  The main course was baked chicken or tongue with four sides: mashed potatoes, rice, baked fingerling potatoes, and cubed, sauteed pumpkin (or something...). Dessert was non-dairy cream pie (because of the meat - the whole meal was kosher) and applesauce.  It was really good, and I was stuffed by the end.

So that was my Friday.  Shabbat shalom!

Lilah tov!

2 comments:

  1. Were the containers with the door pulls for half gallons of milk? What was the brown ant hill stuff?
    Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and paprika! I had to ask =]

    ReplyDelete