Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Benedict and the Hilton

So, the Benedict is a restaurant that's open 24/7 and serves only breakfast.  It's on Rothchild Blvd, and is a tourist... "attraction." (Read: trap.)

However, Michele wanted to go, so we went.  It was actually really good, and despite being on the expensive side, I think I'll be returning.


First, they bring you fresh bread with butter, nutella, and apple butter. Delicious!


Michele got creamed spinach eggs Benedict. (It is their namesake, after all...)



I had a soft boiled egg, bacon, and a bowl of fruit. All of which were delicious!


After the Benedict, I went to Inge's and we went to meet a few of her friends at the Hilton.  As in the hotel.  It's one of the nicest places in Tel Aviv, and we met in the lobby/lounge to have drinks. The first friend I had met before, but did not know, and her son was there, and he's an almost-professional musician.  He plays the electric violin and is incredibly talented.

It was nice to experience the Hilton and sort of people-watch.  There were quite a few high-end hookers, many wealthy people going to a white-tie wedding, and then super rich Americans in jeans and cowboy boots. It was rather amusing.

Oh! I didn't have anything to wear, so I took this out of Inge's closet. It's from the 60's!  I also happened to stop and buy shoes on the way to Inge's apartment, so I had new, cute shoes, too.


Lilah tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment