Ooh, Wednesdays... I kept thinking today was Thursday, but our test is tomorrow.
After class, Michele, Jesse and I went to lunch on Dizengoff, which is the main shopping street/mall, before going to get a camera for Michele. We accidentally ran into Jesse on the bus, so we invited him along. It was nice, but the falafel/schwarma place we ended up at wasn't the best. Michele couldn't get her camera fixed, so she just bought a new one.
While they were at the mall, I went over to the apartment and helped Inge unpack and stuff. She certainly knows how to pack... Her closet was full by the time I was done! Michele came over and helped a bit, and then, while Inge took a nap, we went to the Giraffe to study. We had a study aid or two (orange vodka and cranberry vodka), and learned some slang from the bartender.
Sababa means "great", "cool" or "good", often in response to "How are you?" or "How are things?"
Yalla means "let's go!", often in groups or trying to get friends to go somewhere/leave.
After our studying, Inge took us to her favorite seafood restaurant, Danny the Fisherman, or דני הדייג. I've been there before (we went when Gabe was here), and it's incredibly good. Their assortment of salads to start are delicious, and the views of the harbor are pretty. Inge got her usual fish, Michele had a mixture of calamari and mussels in tomato sauce, and I had chicken and potatoes. We then split a chocolate lava cake and had a lovely evening.
Inge and Michele get along beautifully, and one of my favorite comments that Michele later told me was that Inge speaks like a 25 year-old. The stories she tells are hysterical and ridiculous and amazing. Having dinner with her is always amusing. I'm just glad we all had a good time.
Now it's time to sleep so I don't fail my test.
Lilah tov!
No comments:
Post a Comment