Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tests and Hookah Bars

Thursdays are test days, so that's always fun. Today was particularly bad since half the test was things we were told would not be on the test, and, when I asked the teacher for an extra thirty seconds to read the question before I was expected to answer it, he called me an idiot.  Not to mention that I fell on my face when I stood up to turn in my test. Literally tripped over nothing and hurt my foot.

Despite all this, I did have a nice evening.  Michele and I went over to Jaffa to check out the hookah bar that Halley's friends took us to a few weeks ago. (I can't believe I've already been here for four weeks!!) I wanted to get a picture of this last time, but I couldn't, so I got it this time.  It's the edge of a crosswalk. 


The hookah bar is super chill, in an older building, and is really relaxing despite the clouds of smoke.



We ordered fries and lemon mint sheesha, along with an iced limonana (lemon mint frozen slushy-like drink). It was... interesting. Hookah makes you really relaxed, and I enjoyed sitting and people-watching. The smoke was a little strong, especially since we were sitting inside and it was all contained.  It was too cold to sit outside, but I think it would be more comfortable. I don't think I'll do it again, especially not in just a pair.  If it was a group, I would probably go but not smoke. I'm glad I went and experienced it, but I didn't really see the big deal. I'm not knocking it if people like it, it's just not something I'd care to spend money on.

Michelle and Michele =]
So it was a fun night and tomorrow we'll go shopping.

Lilah tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment