Wow. It's nearly down to a week. I have one test left for each of my classes.
It's been really great to be here in Europe and I know there will be so many things that I miss. Taking public transport, being able to walk, the grocery stores being small and eco-friendly, the food, speculoos, the chocolate, the waffles, the certain people I see all the time, the awesome apartment, my roommates, having roommates, being completely independent and free, being able to travel every weekend and at the drop of a hat, and making my own schedule will all be things I miss.
It's weird, because I know I missed things (and I still miss things) from home, but most of those "things" are people. Not all of course, since I miss my car and my cats and sailing and people on the street speaking English and measuring things in English measurements (though that might be just because I'm used to them), but I also miss all my friends and family and everyone back home.
I guess it's not that weird when you think about it, because I have lived here for four months and I've really gotten used to it. I enjoy it. Brussels still isn't my favorite place on the list, but by no means was it horrendous. It's a really great city for students (i.e. you don't ever do anything in the actual city) because it's small and easy to navigate. In all actuality, I haven't explored Brussels as much as other cities, so that's my goal for this weekend. To go get lost, take my metro pass and my camera with me and really see Brussels.
Anyways, today I went on a run to clear my head before class, where we reviewed and took a test. Hopefully I won't have to take the retest, but we'll see in less than 48 hours. Tomorrow I have law class, my last speech and a management test. And then a whole bunch of people are going out. I don't know if I'll go with them - it depends on where they go.
After class I talked to people and watched a couple movies and studied a tiny bit. Oh, and rewrote my speech five times. But now I think it's right.
I'm going to finish Phantom and then go to bed early.
Goodnight, world.
Seeing Brussels would be good. How far to Ostend for the World Bridge Tournament there in July?
ReplyDelete