Saturday, April 24, 2010

Final Friday

Wow. Last Friday in Brussels. I should have done more with it.

I woke up, went running, bought two boxes to ship home (once filled, of course), went to the grocery store and then came home.  Kristen and her friends were up so we talked for a while before I showered. 

Then I packed.  I fit everything into two extra-large boxes to ship, my big suitcase, my big backpack, my carry-on and my giant purse.  Wow.  I don't know how I did it and I really hope I can re-do it next week when I'm actually leaving. 

Then I went to the grocery store with one of Kristen's friends, who was going to make dinner for us all, killed some time and ended up going out to dinner at the local ChiChi's (called the "Tex-Mex Restaurant") where I had a wonderful quesadilla, a really bad pina colada (gave away) and an ok strawberry-banana margarita.  It was a lot of fun.  Twelve people or so were there, and we all had a good time.

We sat outside because, now that we're leaving, it's finally pretty in Brussels. These two little boys kept coming over and screaming and being crazy and it was funny for the first ten minutes or so.  They were imitating animals and riding their bikes into walls and generally being silly.

After dinner, Sam and I came back to the apartment while everyone else went out.  We're both tired and have things to do, so we didn't feel like going out.  We talked for a long time and now she's taking a shower.  It's hard to get a hot one with eight people staying here.  Ally comes tomorrow for a night, Jenna comes Sunday (both friends of Sam) and all of Kristen's friends leave Monday.  It'll be a busy weekend.

Tomorrow is the long-awaited grocery store post. I'm not sure if I can really give it justice after having gotten so used to it, but I'll try my best.  Otherwise, I'm studying and exploring.  Probably studying in the park, and when I get bored, I'll walk around.  Oh, and a rugby game at 4.  Should be fun, and interesting.

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment