Wow. I can't believe it. Four months. Sixteen weeks. Over. And with it? One of the most incredible experiences I think I've ever had. Tomorrow will be my deep reflection on the relationships and experiences I've had, since I'm leaving at 7 tomorrow morning and it's already late. For now, just what I did today.
I woke up earlyish and cleaned most of the apartment. Frederique was supposed to come at 10:30, but came at 11:30 to check everything and make sure it was good for us to move out. We cleaned and mopped and rearranged and now everything is ready for us to leave.
I skipped the first half of finance class since we were cleaning, but then I went and got my test and final grade - a B! Several people failed, and more than a couple 4.0 GPA's were ruined. I was happy. Then we learned about personal finance and managing portfolios and how we should decide to invest. It was the most useful, applicable thing I think I've learned all semester...
After class, I went back to Grand Place one last time for a few last minute gifts with Jackie before taking my very last metro ride back to the apartment. Oh, and I also got my last waffle. It was sad. =[
Then I did random things until we had our CUBC dinner. It was really, really good. Possibly my best meal in Belgium... at least non-kebapy meal. We had delicious appetizers - rolls and white asparagus and prosciutto-wrapped melon that was incredible. Then we had chicken and this weird lasagna thing along with potatoes and zucchini. For dessert, there were a multitude of pies and cakes, along with luscious fresh strawberries. I had banana cream and it was so good.
During dinner, we all talked and I ended up next to Prof Mowry and Eric (our finance teacher) and Christian, who runs the CUBC. We talked a lot and it was really interesting.
After dinner, we took a lot of photos and then a bunch of people came over to the apartment. We played beer pong with water (everyone already had brought their own) and read Cosmo (there was one guy we were interrogating) and listened/danced to music. It was a lot of fun. After a while, everyone went out to celebrate the last night. I stayed in for my early flight, so I've said goodbye to everyone and will see them at Clemson.
So now I should probably go to bed. Early flight and I'll be home in less than 24 hours.
Goodnight, world.
Welcome home
ReplyDelete