Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to Brussels

Well. Today was... long.

I woke up about 8:30 and laid in bed talking to Marion for at least and hour and a half.  Then it took her another half hour to pack.  We were supposed to go on a walking tour at 11, but we never made it.  Instead we went to the market outside our hotel down to the Bastille.  They had some nice stuff.  I had beignets (mini with table sugar) and a chocolate filled eclair for breakfast from one of the stands.

Then we took the subway over to Petite Palais, where we went to the Yves Saint Laurent showcase honoring his work.  It was actually really cool and I really enjoyed it.  I found that I really like the time period of 1965-1971 and 1988-1991 and the 2001/2002 collections.  I'm not sure what that means, but I thought it was cool.  He had some very... interesting pieces. 

Then we went over to St. Michel because we had tried to get there every day.  We ate at a little cafe, where I had a delicious sausage, egg and cheese crepe.  Of course, it was like the last time I got "sausage" - not the American version, but something that closely resembles bologna.  Then I treated her to Haagen Dazs before going back to the hotel.

I got my stuff and headed to the train station.  Barely caught the train, but did make it on time.  Headed home, read a chapter of my management book and listened to music.  I've been listening to my Jewish music selection a lot.  I miss going to services and youth group and my temple family.

I got home, unpacked, had a sandwich and did some online work for my test.  Two more chapters of management and a couple of law, and I haven't even thought about finance yet...

Goodnight, world.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog. How about a blog about Clemson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do i post a comment about your singapore blog

    ReplyDelete