Saturday, February 20, 2010

Whoops

Well, last night I fell asleep before blogging, but I happen to be up now, so I'll do it.

Yesterday was Friday... I woke up and got dressed, getting a waffle in the metro.  I took the tram over to where the Kosher grocery store was, only to find it closed.  But there was a big normal grocery store next door, so I did my shopping there.  They had matzo meal, so I did end up getting what I was looking for, which made me happy.  I'm going to make matzo balls sometime this weekend and then again for Wednesday night dinner. 

On the way to and from, I stopped at several pharmacies.  At the first one, I tried to mime having an ear infection/sinus pressure.  I brought my Delsym and Mucinex to show them what I was taking because I didn't want to mix meds, and they found substitutes, but couldn't understand I needed Sudafed.  And my Google Translate paper didn't help. They didn't pay attention to it. Finally I left, tried three more pharmacists, none of whom spoke English, and then gave up for good.  If anyone has any tips on how to get Sudafed, please let me know.  My ears hurt like the dickens.

After the grocery store, I came home, watched several movies and a couple of episodes of Lie to Me, ate lunch and then dinner at their respectful times and went to bed.

Then I randomly woke up again, wrote this, and am now going back to bed.

Goodnight, (or is it good morning?) world.

No comments:

Post a Comment