Sunday, February 14, 2010

Barcelona

Is different.  I don't think I like it as much as Madrid; it's not as pretty or walkable, but it's got more stuff and I want to come back when I have more time.

I woke up early this morning to Kristen complaining about something James said I said and then went to the train station.  I slept most of the way, and it was fairly comfortable.  We got lost trying to find the hostel because of a failure to read a map, but finally arrived.  It's awesome - the decorations and everything are really cool.  We went and got lunch from Pans, which was a Spanish fast food place.  The french fries were basically Arby's flavor in a waffle fry.  They were very tasty.  The chicken nuggets were... interesting.

Then we came back to the hostel about 1 so Kristen could take a shower and we chilled until 330 or so when Jackie, Katie and Michele showed up.  Joel and Kirby also joined us. No one wanted to decide what to do, so we may have left about 4:30 or so, and then we walked all over, finally finding a place to eat about 5:30 because most people hadn't eaten anything all day.  I had delicious 3 cheese pork ravioli.  Most others got pizza, and they came with cool little hammer looking knife things.  They literally were slightly sharpened chunks of metal on a stick.  I didn't get a picture, but my facebook won't upload pics anyways.  (Which is why I haven't put pictures up since Venice - sorry!) 

Then we walked up Montjuic and looked at the cool buildings.  There was a cell phone convention going on, with everything blocked off and a ton of people, but we finally got to the top and had a fantastic view as the sun was setting.  We wandered for a long time and saw some cool things.  We headed back, stopping at a grocery store for dinner.  Once again, baguettes and deli meats and cheeses to make sandwiches and chips and dips, all split between us.  It's not bad.

They also got a bottle of booze, like they have every night.  This time it was a licorice flavor that was very potent and burned, but not too bad.  I had a tablespoon and that was enough.  They finished the bottle.  (There are seven of them.)  And they're going out tonite.  I'm going to bed.

Goodnight, world.

1 comment:

  1. How is your Spanish in Spain? Is it easier to understand the spanish in Chili or Spain?

    ReplyDelete