Oh, gosh. What did we do today? A lot of walking.
I got up around 8:30, and I was supposed to meet James for breakfast at 9 because he wanted to go to the church up the road. He slept in and I had trouble with my locker, so we ended up meeting at 9:15, neither one of us ready to leave. As of 7:30 or 8 when we got back, every bed was filled. Hopefully the girl on the top bunk is gone, though. Last night she had an alarm that went off every half hour from 1AM until 5:30, which is when she got up. Not only that, but there was a huge group being particularly loud until 1, so I didn't get much sleep. I still had a lot of fun today, though.
We finally were ready and left 9:30 or so and headed over to San Marco Plaza, where we were yesterday. We window shopped for a while before going into a museum (that was actually three - Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico and Biblioteca Marciana). There were a lot of cool things and we took a lot of illegal pictures.
Then we wandered for a bit and stopped in a lace shop. It looked the same as the places in Brussels, and Brussels was a lot cheaper so I'll buy lace there. We continued walking and ended up at the Accademia bridge and, though we passed on the gallery there (too expensive) we went to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection which was awesome. It was all 20th century art with an audio guide that was really interesting and sometimes funny. There were interesting phrases that made both James and me laugh. Then we looked for a place to eat for over an hour, stopping at a really pretty church on the way. We ended up at a really nice restaurant on the Grand Canal at about 5. It was empty and they scoffed when we asked to eat. But we got really good sandwiches and some good fruit.
We hopped on a water bus when the sun was setting and motored around. It got dark really quickly and it was cold, so we headed back to the hostel where we logged on, I munched on my giant jar of nutella, and James started studying for marketing. We asked this guy about where to go and he's been talking for over the past hour. He's from England but has lived here for a couple years or more. He's interesting and giving us a lot of tips. Hopefully they're good and we'll get to have some fun adventures.
Goodnight, world.
Maybe I should send some ear plugs. Are you wearing your life jacket? LOL
ReplyDeleteLawl. I thought about that today - the lifejacket. It'd be interesting to know how many people actually know how to swim here...
ReplyDelete