Monday, February 1, 2010

Friday

7:30 PM
Wow. What a day.  I slept in until 10, and then Marion woke me up so we could go to the Rathaus (town hall, kindof) where I got a copy of my birth certificate, and then she tried to take me to get my passport, but it's too expensive and would be cheaper in March.  We walked around for a bit to get there and to get to the bank, where I have an account with 84 Swiss Francs and was given power of attorney over Marion's accounts (both of which were in the negatives), and was told that I have to have my Swiss passport to have a bank account with less than $100,000, or I had to have a permit to show I was living in Switzerland... Marion was speaking in German the whole time, so I only got the jist of things.  But the guy spoke in English, so I got the whole "you have to be rich or be Swiss to have money here" thing.  We also ran some other errands, walked around a lot, got a giant pretzel, hot chocolate, Branche and some other stuff. 

It wasn't that bad, I guess.  Marion keeps going on and on about how she can't stand it when people lie and how she never lies and how she expects honesty and everything, but then is very coniving when it comes to twisting the law and twisting banks and everything to say that I'm Swiss and have all my papers and everything.  Uhm, I'm not sure what she's thinking, but I was and am pretty miffed... I would consider that lying. Or at least not telling the truth.  She didn't even tell me what we were doing. At least I have my birth certificate now.

So after we did all those things, we came back to the apartment.  I tried on some clothes, and talked to Inge while Marion went to pick up Nigel.  He's back now and we're all going out for fondue.  Should be interesting...

I'll update you when I get back.

11:30 PM

So we went for fondue.  It was good. Interesting.  We got three pots, one each of regular, tomato and mushroom flavored.  My favorite was the regular, and the tomato one was least liked.  Marion said it tasted like pizza and I'd have to agree.  The weird thing here is that it's served with cubed bread and potatoes.  I said something about eating it with apples and all I got were laughs.  Broccoli got the same response.  I think at this point apples with fondue are my favorite (even though they don't serve it like that here) because it gives you something solid to chew on that's not just chewy and soft.  After dinner we caught the trams back to the apartment and everyone changed for bed.  I talked to Inge for a while.  It's weird.  Sometimes they drive me insane because they're trying to manipulate me or get me to fit to their agendas, and then other times it's interesting and fun. 

Time for bed, I think. 

Unless Inge comes back... And then Marion comes out to talk.

1:00 AM

Well, they didn't go to bed until after midnight, and I just wrote half of my paper for marketing due Thursday.  I think I will have internet sometime tomorrow. At least I'm going to try, so I'll post all this tomorrow.  I must add an apology to all of those trying to get in touch with me. I thought there would be internet available, but all the neighbors have their internet protected, so I can't steal it. 

Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment