Thursday, January 14, 2010

Outline

I will finish this post tomorrow, but it is 1AM here and I have two more pages of marketing to outline and then I'm going to bed.

Today, I woke up at 10, did some homework, had breakfast (chocolate croissant), and was bored.  Roomies woke up around 12.  Kristen had class, but Sam and I went to the comic museum after eating a bit for lunch.  We saw lots of cool things, but they were all in French.  The notable artists/cartoons were Tintin, Marc Sleen (he had his own museum), Peyo (SMURFS!), and some others.  It was really cool.  The detail in the originals was astounding, as well as learning a little bit about how comics are created. It was really busy, but if you want cartoon-related paraphernalia, DO NOT get it from the museum. Ridiculously over priced.

Then we walked around Grand Place and ended up going to get waffles.  Sam's first!  She had hers with strawberries and I had mine with nutella and raspberries.  Oh, my, was it good. 

We caught the metro back and then headed out with both Kristens and Jackie.  Kristen and Jackie live really close to us; just around the corner.  We took the metro to somewhere none of us have been before and wandered all over looking for a grocery store. 

For those of you who live in Charleston, SC, you know of a place called Food Lion.  Well, the grocery store we found here has the same symbol, but has no correlation.  Except for maybe having a confusing layout sometimes.  But the one here was... Wait for it... TRIANGULAR. Yes. Like, you could stand in the center and there were 4/5 aisles away from you, but they weren't parallel to each other. I swear I walked down the same aisle five times from at least 3 different directions.  The shelves were straight; the layout, not.  Anyways.  We all got food and came back to our apartment.  Jackie and Kristen went home, then Kristen came back because they don't have internet.  We feasted on some more strange candies, and did some homework together.

I guess my "outline" idea didn't come through.  Maybe I'll add more in the comments if you have questions or if I think of anything else. 

Goodnight, world.  At least after I finish this chapter.

3 comments:

  1. Good of you to recognize the Food Lion logo. Food Lion is the largest subsidiary of Delhaize Group. Delhaize Group is headquarted in Belgium and operates grocery stores in 7 countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me you didn't know that from memory... =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm nutella and raspberries. I knew I liked you

    ReplyDelete