It was sunny today! And warm... well, warmer than it has been, so about 4 Celsius... It was really pretty with the grass sticking out from patches of snow and big fat (and I mean FAT) mourning doves poking around in the ground. We ended up spending most of the day inside, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Today was our first French class. Our teacher was... interesting. And I think it would generally be agreed that we can say certain words, but we don't know what they mean, and we can count up to a hundred. He was reasonably nice; gave us big thick workbooks and corrected our Spanish to sound like French. (I think every person took Spanish because not one knows French.) Then we returned, had lunch, had some people over, and returned to CUBC for our marketing class.
Oh, and during our lunch break, we booked tickets to Madrid for a week in February. My roommates, another girl and I are going together - 55euros each. And we're staying with friends there, so we're super excited.
After class, we came back and decided we would "explore" - i.e. take the metro and explore wherever it stopped. Sam got a quarter pizza that looked amazing, Kristen got a ham sandwich on a foot long baguette, and Kristen got a croissant, so I said I would get something random from the vending machine. I chose chestnuts that looked sugared. They weren't chestnuts. They were little balls of salami. They tasted better than the sliced stuff I had gotten, but were still not very good. But now I know. I think it gets on Sam's nerves that I'm always experimenting with food, be it candy or vending machines or unidentified things on the menu.
Anyways, we ended up meeting another girl in the station, and we all went to the mall. There are a lot of lingerie stores, I've noticed, both in the mall today and walking around Bruxelles Centre. Anyways, everyone was having sales and three went and shopped in a nice store, and Kristen and I wandered around. We ended up getting gelato; she got delicious strawberry and cappucino, and I got even better white chocolate and ferrero rocher. It was delicious.
We got back 7ish, I had tomato soup and goldfish, and then logged on and haven't been productive since. Sam and some others went out, but I feel more like sleeping. We're going out tomorrow night, exploring some more during the day, and maybe going somewhere on Saturday. (Antwerp, Paris, Dusseldorf, Lille, Amsterdam, or somewhere else? Leave your vote in the comments.) I think what's going to happen is that I'm going to go to the train station tomorrow, look at the timetables, and pick the shortest, earliest train out of the city to explore for the diay.
Watch out for adventures! Pictures to be posted tomorrow. Hopefully.
Goodnight, all.
I wahlen for Dusseldorf.
ReplyDelete"Michelle Herridge had goldfish and and tomato soup so I had goldfish and tomato soup."
ReplyDelete