Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introduced

Good evening all.  We're all getting together tonite and going to Delirium - apparently it's one of the best bars in Brussels - so I'm writing this now so you can get a post before tomorrow.

Today I had my first marketing class. Mr. Gaubert was lots of fun and we did some fun icebreakers and stuff.  He asked interesting questions, so I thought I'd answer some for you here.

- What do you regret not bringing?
More sweaters and sweatshirts and warm clothes.

- What is the most interesting thing you've seen here?
How many drunks there are on the streets at all times.

- What was the worst part of your flight?
The crying babies and not sleeping.

- What do you want to take home?
Knowing the French language, chocolate, and awesome stories.

- What do you miss most about Clemson?
Not having to cook and recognizing what food is in the grocery store.

- Where do you want to travel?
London, Madrid, Barcelona, Zurich, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Paris, and probably others.

Anyways, class was fun and then we came back for lunch.  We had a tour at one. 

What I want to know is why we always take walking tours in the freezing cold.  Anyways, we met and we went down to St. Catherine square. Saw the fish shops, the old wall, the church, and then we went to Grand Place, learned a bit about the square, walked over to a gothic church and then split up.  If you want more information, go read a guide book. It will only be boring if I list it all out. Pretty much their idea of "new buildings" here means it was built after 1800 or so and the whole 'lower country' used to be under water with canals and stuff like Venice.  Anything else was not interesting enough to note here.

After the tour, I went with Meredith and some other people to see Mannikin Piss for a second time. Then most got waffles and we walked around the square some more.  Before heading to our separate homes, we stopped and got french fries... the real stuff.  Apparently calling them "French" is incorrect.  They actually originated in Brussels.  They were called french only because of the language.  Can you say amazing? Even though they were huge portions, we each finished ours.  We took the metro home and that's been about it for today.

I miss everyone lots and it's starting to get into a normal routine.  Hopefully I'll go to the comic museum tomorrow, so we'll see how that is.  Depends on the weather. Goodnight all.

3 comments:

  1. Strange comics they have there. Some of them are actually are like books is my recollection. Amazing - see I can say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TinTin is sold in US and one of the live aboard sailors that we sailed with read them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that French Fries were Brussel Fries first...amazing

    ReplyDelete