So because you guys are special (and you're special because you read my blog), you get another update, sooner than usual.
We went out tonite.
To Delirium.
For those of you who don't know, it was in the Guinness Book of World Records 2004 because it had the most beers on tap and on hand. Anyways, there was a group of us, at least eight or ten, and we each got something to drink. Most were different, but there were some repeats.
Now, in the US, there are a lot of beers, and I haven't tasted, let alone had, very many. As in tasted. A teaspoon. When I was eight or something. Anywhoo. They have sweet beers here. Which, in my opinion, are much better. I'm not sure if they're really available in the states. A lot of people got Chimay or Duval, which are the local beers. Not my style. I started off with a mango beer, which wasn't quite as sweet as the apple beer, but still very good. Then I had a chocolate beer. Sounds interesting, and it is. Meredith didn't like it, but most other people did.
The most interesting thing, I think, about the beer here is that it's typically 9% alcohol. Which is higher than in the states. But the fruit beers are 3.2% or something. Anyways. Different tastes, and different alcohols. They have "blondes" which typically are 6 and under, and then "royal" which is 9 and higher. (Don't ask me what happened to 7 and 8%...)
It was a fun night. No class tomorrow. Maybe a museum. Most likely work.
Goodnight world.
I think I would try those other beers but stick with Rolling Rock. Do they have Rolling Rock there?
ReplyDeletedidn't look for it, but i'm sure they do. they had most other beers. 200+ on tap
ReplyDelete