Michele and I went to Neveh Tzedek today. We took lots of photos, which you can see on Facebook, but here are some of my favorites. You can click to embiggen and make a slide show.
Carrots and eggplants. They must be tags since they're EVERYWHERE! I must document them all!
I'm not sure what these are, but they're also pretty common.
I love these squared off cartoon people!!
.JPG) |
| What a wonderful quote! |
Neveh Tzedek might just be one of the prettiest places I've been! I love shooting there!
.JPG) |
| I was overwhelmed by this particular graffiti. It's so brutally honest and speaks volumes to the population. It's in a touristy part of town, but brings such focus to the fact that you don't think about the current events since you feel so safe here in Israel. |
.JPG) |
| Simple, sweet, and understated. |
 |
| Quite possibly the best funny graffiti I've seen. I love it! |
 |
| A mantra for all. Be awesome! |
Of course, a trip to Neveh Tzedek requires pictures of the iconic old homes and the sculptures they're covered with...
.JPG) |
| They include art in all the places they can in Neveh Tzedek. This is also the only cat Michele likes. |
Even when there isn't art, Neveh Tzedek is artful. The colors of the street pop out at you and make the neighborhood a photographer's dream.
 |
| Using existing structures is one of the best things about Neveh Tzedek's artwork. Don't forget to look for the mice! |
.JPG) |
| Some things need no caption. |
.JPG) |
| Love can be found in many places. |
This "Stolen artwork" stencil is all over. I love the simplicity, but also the implication that everything is art.
Israel has lots of cats. Neveh Tzedek has lots of friendly cats.
.JPG) |
| I want this planter. there's nothing else to say. |
.JPG) |
| Even on cloudy days, the colors pop, the weather's nice, and Israel is where I want to be. Where do I sign to live here forever? |
No comments:
Post a Comment