Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ulpan is Over!

Well, today was fun. My brigadeiro seemed to be a hit, even if it was a little chewier than I planned... The test wasn't bad, but I misspelled "achav" (meaning now) for the fourth time (out of four tests...).

After class, Michele and I planned to walk to Neveh Tsedek, but we ended up being a little sidetracked and only made it about halfway there. We walked down Diezengoff, which is one of the main shopping streets. There are SO MANY wedding dress shops, it's kind of ridiculous.

One of the stores had some really nice sweaters, so we stopped in and we ended up each getting one, but the real benefit was that we started talking to the shopgirl, and she's a promoter for a club and a bar.  We asked her about a chill bar, and she recommended one with live music that's relaxed and not clubby.  It's called Muddy Waters, and I think we'll be going back. But I'll talk about that more in a minute.

Walking down Diezengoff is really interesting since it's half touristy, half local. We were hungry, so we started looking at menus, but we didn't really see anything we liked. Then there was a cafe with no name, nothing in English, and it looked incredible. They let us try their soups, and then we also got some of the best hummus in all of Israel.

Sweet potato, lentil, vegetable, bean, split pea
All delicious!


I had an interview, so we headed back after wandering some more.  My interview went well; it's for the internship class I'm taking. When I get back to the States, I'll also have a job!

After my interview, we headed down to Muddy Waters and had a chill night to celebrate the end of Ulpan. Michele did my makeup and Nessa joined us. It was a nice night.

Lilah tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment