Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Means Friday, Friday Means Saturday, and Saturday Means Sunday, Right?

I still can't get used to this weekly schedule. It's Thursday night, which means that it's the weekend....

It also means we had our test today... which was also our "midterm" because we're half-way through the four week course! I can't believe it. I'm learning a huge amount, but I still don't feel fluent. But then I hear people speaking in the mall or on the bus and can understand some of it. It's sort of odd the order we learn things, since I know how to say where I'm from and order at a restaurant first, then we learned verbs for "study", "fly" and "write".  Next was describing our apartment and where we live, then numbers.  Now we've done directions, but I still can't tell you the days of the week.

I was going to go out, but I'm still sick, so I stayed in and did some homework, posted some blogs and hung out here on campus. Michele and I are thinking about going to Athens over spring break, but haven't gotten the final details yet. Hopefully we can make it work!

Tomorrow we're going to Jaffa, which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment