It sortof looks like Seussland with all the pastel buildings...
The Merlion:
The big buildings:
(Mine was plain. But I did eat it with only my right hand and no utensils!)
Then we headed back and saw Uncle Ralph's apartment. It was very nice, very close to the water with gorgeous views and nice pools. We walked around Keppel Bay, which is one of the main marinas, and then walked down to Labrador Park. It was all along the coast and absolutely gorgeous. It was really hot and I got a little sunburned...
Please notice the awkward strap mark across my chest - I was carrying a purse all day. It's not as noticeable on my back, but it's there.
We then walked down the creek and over to Hort Park. It was... plants. But it was pretty. We saw an awesomely huge bumblebee...
And then we walked in the canopy walk of Kent Ridge Park (it's way over on the far right in the map picture). Then we walked back towards Hilltop walk and Mount Faber. The thunder was pretty impressive. We saw lightning and heard the thunder for about an hour, starting when we were in the canopy walk. Alexandra Arch was cool looking, but the pathway after it was nerve-wracking since it was metal grate and you could see through the walkway that you were fairly high up. Gabe and I both had trouble not looking down because all that did was scare us. We finally got to real ground and the rain started pouring down. I was the only one who had brought an umbrella. Uncle Ralph and Gabe put their wallets in my purse with my camera and I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that didn't get wet. (My umbrella is super small and would have covered me or my purse, so it covered my purse. Plus, I felt sortof bad that I was the only one who wouldn't get drenched...) We made it over Henderson waves bridge (which is about 150 feet high with no rain shelter, but very cool looking) and down a bunch of steps to the bus station. We got back to Harbour Front dripping. I think, overall, we walked about 10 miles or more.
We had dinner at Carl's Jr since we didn't want to go anywhere nice (though it was tasty to have American food...) and then Gabe and I came home and pretty much went straight to bed. It was a fun day and we'll have to do it again when it's not raining.
Today we did homework and relaxed. Now it's time to go to Chinatown for Chinese New Year.
Goodnight-lah.
Sounds like you had a good time with Ralph. I guess Judy has come back to the states? The sunburn looks bad, I hope you had something to put on it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good time with Ralph. I guess Judy has come back to the states? The sunburn looks bad, I hope you had something to put on it.
ReplyDelete