Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Traveling Tuesday

We traveled a lot today.  We got up at 8 and got ready to go.  We had a simple breakfast before Gilbert got there at 10 or so to take us to Ginosar... Which is where we are now, but only after a lot of stops. 

We left Tel Aviv and headed north, passing a lot of little towns.  The most important and obvious would be Haifa.  We drove through on the way to Nahariyya.  (I found the name for this from our pictures - Gabe's comment: "Some people say 'Why?' Some people say 'Why not?' In Nahariyya, we say y-y.")

We met cousin Gidi and walked on the beach. For lunch we had delicious pasta - I had cheese ravioli in alfredo sauce and Gabe had gnocci with sweet potato sauce.  Also in Nahariyya, we saw the apartment that Inge rents out.  It was very nice. 

Then we hopped back in the car and drove over to this place by the Golan where Gabe and I rode horses while Inge and Gilbert had tea.  It was nice, but we didn't get to spend very much time there.  Oh, and on the back side, on the other side from the stables, they had little cabins because it was a hotel, kindof.  But you could see the lake in the back and it was very cool.  They also had gorgeous roses and it was called something like Roses and Horses, I think.

Then we drove the rest of the way to Ginosar, where we have two very nice rooms/flats.  We passed many little towns on the way. It is so pretty and so nice to drive through.  At the hotel, there's a bedroom, bathroom, and large living area with kitchenette in every "room".  Inge and Gilbert have one room and we have the one next door. 

Before it got dark, Gabe and I walked down to the dock because we're on the Sea of Galilee.  We saw some sculptures and shook the old metal docks.  You could see Tiberius from where we were.  Then we headed back up to the hotel for dinner with Astrid and her husband and her two kids, Nora and Ana.  She's an English teacher and a pastor who converted.  We had good conversations and it was good fun.

Then Inge and Gilbert went to bed and Gabe and I went out and looked at the stars.  We looked around the lake and realized that there were many, many more cities than we thought when we had looked around earlier. 

Then we went through our photos and now we're going to go lay in the hammock before going to bed.  Tomorrow we're going to Tiberius and one of the churches nearby where Jesus was a rabbi and doing other things.  I'm not really sure.

But now it's time to turn off my computer.

Goodnight, world.

1 comment:

  1. I never got to that part of Israel that I remember. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete