Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rest and Recooperation

Today was a lazy day.  I got up 8ish, had breakfast, did absolutely nothing productive until 2, when I took my shower, then looked a bit at my marketing, read some emails, and maybe napped a bit. 

When Kristen got back from class, Sam, Kristen, Kyle and I took the tram to the post office.  We finally found it! I got two little boxes and a big box, and Sam and Kristen picked up their packages from home.  Both got peanut butter and ramen and mac and cheese and popcorn and lots of other stuff.  But I get the best because I get my dad's cookies whenever my management textbook arrives...

We then met up with Kristin and she, Sam and I went to the grocery store.  Kristin was going to make us dinner - chicken and salad.  She got all the stuff, and we came back to the apartment.  We were all sitting in the kitchen and she asked how to cook it.  No one else really knew, so I ended up making it, which I actually really enjoyed.  We had two types of chicken, curry and salt and pepper citrus.  The latter had salt, pepper and clementine for seasoning.  It was surprisingly good, and we all had a good time at dinner. 

Afterwards, I got out my boxes and started packing and writing.  My big box is now done except for a few postcards, and one of my little boxes is ready to send to my brother.  I'm excited because sending presents always makes me happy.  Shopping for presents does, too... I hope everyone likes what I've gotten.  I should hopefully send it out in the next day or two - be prepared for a rant on how expensive it will be. =P Now it's time for bed.

Goodnight, world.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I only sent your package today. Your textbook finally arrived. The cookies may be a little bent as I had to squeeze a little getting everything in the box. Your cooking sounds good - I hope you have listened to your mother about cooking and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a good mix of both - taste buds from mom and a sense of experimentation from you. So far everything's been pretty good.

    It's fine. I understand it's not your fault. Will you cave and tell me what type of cookies you made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, but I will claim that they will be better than the muffins made from soy flour.

    ReplyDelete