Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Still Here

No worries, we're still here, attending classes and eating at hawker stands.

This weekend we had a lovely time at the MacRitchie Reservoir.  We went with a group of international students - we were about 10 in all.  It was a lot of fun, but not quite what we were expecting.  It had been touted as a "jungle", when, in reality, it was a county park made in a section of rainforest. That is, there were a ton of people, a ton of tourists, and a million runners/walkers/exercisers walking on the trail.

It was a really nice trail, though. We saw a whole bunch of monkeys, which were adorable.  That was the only wildlife we saw on the 11km walk, except for a little snake I nearly stepped on... Let me just say I screamed and move on.

Is that not an adorable monkey?

I think this one's cuter though...

There was a really cool part of the walk, and that was the canopy walk.  It's about 120 feet up on a metal see-through suspension walkway, but we could see all the tops of the trees.  Most of us are afraid of heights, and even if you're not, this was a rather tremulous trek.  In the picture below, the trees in the background are in fact at eye level, and they're at least 100 feet tall....


In other news, I have a bad sinus infection, and Gabe has a mild one... Apparently it's going around school. 

Also, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
And Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!
=]

2 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures, more to see you and gabe in the picture.
    Thanks for the wishes!

    miss you guys
    love
    moda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like fun. The wild life with the White Out looked pretty wild.

    ReplyDelete