Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whoops

Well, I forgot to post last night. The sad thing was that it wasn't even a particularly interesting or busy day.  I went to campus with Gabe so we could get our student passes, I got a milkshake from the canteen, learned about the fitness classes and then went back to the apartment since I had no classes.

I guess I can elaborate.  We took a new path to school and got here on time.  Gabe had some problems not having all of his materials, but I got out fairly early and went and got a strawberry milkshake while he was finishing his student pass. Literally, it was a milk shake.  They put ice and milk in a cup, added pearls and strawberry syrup, sealed it, and shook it up. I guess I should add that the cups here don't have lids... They seal them with plastic seal, like if they were packaging something to go on a shelf.  It was delicious.

I learned some about the fitness programs... They charge for their classes here! I guess I'm spoiled by Clemson. Anyways, I think I'm going to take "YogaLates" and "ZumFit Party Rock" - each is $15 for five classes, one a week.  It should be interesting.

I headed back to the apartment and was going to do laundry, but they sprayed something everywhere in big, white, disgusting clouds of nastiness.  I was coughing for about two hours even though I shut all the windows and doors before they started.  Then when it finally cleared, it was raining, so I couldn't really do laundry because it would never dry.  They do have dryers, but they're expensive, so it wasn't worth it.  

Instead, I went down to the grocery store and got apples and oranges and carrots and dried snap peas and a new tropical juice mix.  I made fruit salad, which I froze for dessert, and cleaned the apartment.  When Gabe got back, we relaxed for a while and then headed down to a shopping mall we discovered on the way to school that's super close by and had dinner. I had hotdogs and noodles with fried egg.  We walked around the mall for a bit and then went home. And went to bed.

We got up early this morning and I'm in class now. Seven hours of classes. YAY!

Good day - la.

2 comments:

  1. hotdogs and noodles, oh what memories..and in Singapore too. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of hot dogs and noodles. 7 hours of classes. Now that will be tiring.

    ReplyDelete