Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello, Singapore!

Well, where do I begin?

We left Chicago at 12 Central and just got into Singapore at 12 this time (there's no real name for this time zone) and we're 13 hours difference from Charleston. So. Wow.




The Changi airport is AMAZING! There are plants everywhere and it's super clean.  Even at night, everything in Singapore glitters and shines. The streets are wide and clean, but it has an air of London, which as my past readers know, is not a particularly good thing. I'm sure in the morning things will look nicer. We're meeting Shreyas and his cousin tomorrow morning and going shopping in Little India. His cousin met us at the airport, which was super nice and very helpful. The hostel isn't bad, but it's like walking into a sauna when you go outside. I am in bed writing om my new nook since my computer died and I can't get to my converter. Sorry for any typos.


The flights weren't bad. Chicago to Tokyo was 13 hours, and Gabe and I watched Reel Steel (good) and One Day (bad), slept, read, and that's about it. It was an old-school plane, so one movie at a time and no control, but it wasn't so bad. The flight from Tokyo to Singapore was 7 hours on the same plane, but we had to get off and clear security. It was also nice airport, and we wished we had yen for the drink machines. I slept the whole flight. Immigration was easy and we got to our hostel fairly quickly. Photos will be on facebook tomorrow. The time difference is throwing me off, but it's time for bed.

Goodnight, world (until I think of something better).

3 comments:

  1. So now the great adventure has begun. Can't wait to hear about all the new and exciting things ya'll be seeing and doing. Take care and have fun!!1
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I spot some hate for my capital city?? Anyway, I'm busy catching up on the posts I've missed whilst I have internet and besides the hate for my people (London is now 'my people') it doesn't sound even slightly as horrendous as you were expecting so I'm glad :) Have fun, my dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hate London - I just preferred other parts of England, which is the same as your preference, if I remember correctly =P

    ReplyDelete