Saturday, December 31, 2011

Updates

While I was standing in my cold shower this morning, I was thinking about things...

One of the great things about Singapore is the fact that you can take a cold shower and still be sweating before you even get dressed. Also, clothes are warmer off the body than on. And the food is unrecognizable. And it's going to be summer for all five months... So maybe those things are not so great. But I am really enjoying being here.

It's a great big city with lots of different cultures and it's definitely cool.

Gabe said that dinner was uninteresting last night, he went somewhere and got something spicy and it was good. He went to bed as soon as he came back.

This morning we checked out and headed over to Shreyas's cousin's apartment since the hostel will be full, and tomorrow we'll move into our long-term apartment. We went and got food from the near-by hawker stand, and neither Gabe nor I finished our lunches. Mine was a weird flavor of ramen with wontons and he got fish ball soup, which, oddly enough, tasted of fish. (He doesn't like fish...) Then we came back and met Shreyas and I think we're going to head to a mall soon.

I presume most everyone is sleeping, so, goodnight-la.

No comments:

Post a Comment