If you look through my pictures on facebook, there are things that I don't mention here, like how every Carneval costume is hand-made or how you can't buy cooked chicken. There are so many things that I talk about when I talk with people through Skype or instant messengers that don't make it to the blog, but are still part of this fantastic experience. I don't think I mentioned how awesome the ghetto was (seeing it - not the consequences or reasons for it) and how I got The Book of Jewish Food and stuff. It's little things that get skimmed over but are interesting, too.
Now I feel ridiculous because I don't know specifics for what I've left out, but I'll try to remember them in the future.
Today was ordinary, I guess. Woke up, had breakfast, did some homework, the usual. Went to get money and my credit cards aren't working, which isn't so good. Also packed and printed out boarding passes for Madrid and figured out what I'm doing.
Oh, and the most GORGEOUS flowers came today =]
He even remembered my favorite color. =] It was a fantastic gift and they look amazing in my room. <3
I miss everyone lots and I feel bad for missing things like holidays and birthdays.
Speaking of which, I don't know if I'll have internet this weekend (I'm taking my computer, but don't really know) so happy birthday, Ms. Marli!
This evening we finalized plans for Spain and it looks like I'll be going to spend Thursday night in Madrid with Kristen, Kristin and Samantha, and then we are meeting up and spending Friday night in Madrid at a different hostel with Michele P, Katie, Jackie, James, Kristin M, Kristin E, Samantha, Joel, Kirby, James and me. Saturday Kristin and Samantha head to Alicante for a couple days and the rest of us are going on a day trip to Toledo or Segovia. Then we're all going to Barcelona Sunday before Kristen and I meet Sam and Kristin in Madrid Tuesday afternoon. We decided that, since we have to be at the airport at 3 in the morning or so, we're not going to get a hostel, but we're going to stay up all night and/or sleep in the airport. It... should be interesting. And hopefully less confusing than it was to type. =]
Interjection >> I'm sitting here writing this and talking to people online and it just hit me that I miss driving. Like, I want to get in a car and drive. But not here because the people are crazy and the traffic laws are weird. I want to go home and drive. Downtown, West Ashley, drive out to Folly, over the Mt. Pleasant bridge... That sounds so... relaxing. Or something. Huh. It sounds weird but I really just want to go driving.
After we figured out plans, I made dinner for the five of us (Jackie, Kristen, Kristin, Sam and me), which was pesto pasta. It tasted sort of funky, but it's gone now.
So we're leaving tomorrow afternoon, and it should be an adventure. I'm looking forward to knowing the language, and we all took Spanish, so we should be able to get around. We might be doing a pub crawl in Madrid, which would be super cool, but we're going to play it by ear. There are lots of things to see and do, and I'm most definitely looking forward to it.
Goodnight, world.
The flowers are pretty. Who are they from?
ReplyDeleteGabe... who else?
ReplyDelete