Wow. Today was long. I'm sitting in the lobby of my hostel in Madrid, waiting for Sam, Kristen and Kristin to come back from the bar. It's a cool bar, but I don't feel well so don't want to drink or stay up really late (which is all they do, apparently).
This morning I woke up relatively early and went to our last "French" class - we toured a church near Grand Plac. It was really cool and we saw the excavations discovered in the past 15 years and went in all the restricted places. The most awesome part was that our French teacher was our guide and he did half of the tour in French - and I understood!
Then I finished all my food (ravioli and milk) for lunch and officially have nothing opened (except for nutella) or in the fridge. Grocery shopping is item number one when I get back. Marketing class was empty (less than ten of out out of thirty) and we only did one chapter so we left early. We caught the train and the view was really pretty because I hadn't yet seen it with two feet of snow. (Yeah, we have that much in Brussels, too. I'm sick of snow. No, thanks. I don't think I could ever live in it all winter every winter.) We caught the plane with enough time and it was the longest two hour flight of my life. I have never felt so sick on a plane. But we landed safely and the Madrid Airport is AWESOME. There's a jungle gym and a play area and one of those ball pins... We're going to have fun on Tuesday when we're there for 4 hours. =]
We took three metros to get to our hostel, and then they didn't have a room, so we dropped our stuff and wandered a bit. We went to get dinner, but they didn't serve food, so we ended up going to Burger King. Apparently this is also normal for them. Seems like this is going to be an Americanized adventure. Their reasoning was that it was because it was cheap.
Anyways, we came back to the hostel and got our room. The paint job is really awesome because every surface is a different color. Our room is lavender, but the hallway is navy and turquoise and the foyer is lime green and royal purple (like the Charley lounge). It's really pretty and fairly nice.
After dropping off our stuff, we went to a bar across the street. (Our location is great - walkable to a whole bunch of little stores and restaurants and bars and stuff.) There was a live American band (judging by their accents) and Sam and Kristin got 5 euro beers. I came back early, took a shower and you know the rest.
I feel like this is a really short post, but I guess not that much happened today that was interesting. Tomorrow we have a full day and we're going to meet up with everyone. Two of the guys can't make it, so it'll be James with seven girls... which should be interesting as I'm the only one that's really talked to him or know him. 0.o I know I haven't gone out and partied or gotten a beer or something in a while, and I hoped to do that this trip with everyone. Not get drunk, by any means, but have a good time. I'm not sure if having James be there will hinder that because he doesn't do that stuff. We'll see what happens. I'm sure it will be fun no matter what.
Anyways, time for Sam to use my computer. And for me to go to bed.
Goodnight, world.
I hope that you aren't coming down with something. Rest up and we hope that you feel better.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Daddy. How's Hilton Head?
ReplyDelete