It was sunny and warm today... If you can consider partial sun after 11AM and 8C sunny and warm...
I woke up early (8AM) because I thought we had plans to go to Ghent today. Turns out I waited at the train station for 15 minutes for no reason other than to listen to classic rock over the loud speakers. The other people looked at the forecast, saw rain, and decided to cancel. Without telling me. So instead, I came back to the apartment and ended up going out to the market. I got a cute skirt, something for dad, and an unbelievable nutella-filled croissant with chocolate sprinkles.
It was an interesting market. (I should have taken pics - sorry!) But basically these tractor trailer trucks had pulled up on the sidewalk and in this square and opened up the side to sell things. There were quite a few butchers with all sorts of meets and cheese, some with just cheese and olives, several bakers, a fishmonger, and some other things, all being sold out of a truck. They looked more like the boiled peanut stands you see places in Charleston, or the really nice trailers where you can get hot dogs and drinks at the fair, but this was raw meat and cooked meat and pretty much things you only see in grocery stores - and nice ones at that - in the states. It was pretty cool. There were also a lot of fruit and vegetable stands, with everything from normal apples and oranges to unidentifiable veggies that looked like pink cauliflower and bright orange artichokes... Of course, they also had run-of-the-mill farmer's market things as well; tents set up with everything from clothes to jewelry to shopping carts.
Then we walked around for a couple hours, got lost, and caught a bus. I discovered that my rainboots can no longer be worn because the soles are cracked and don't actually keep water out (boo) and my feet turned blue. Most people went out to lunch, but I decided to come home on account of my feet, so caught the metro and came home. I made myself lunch, thawed out, and watched a movie. Then did homework and read a bit.
So my dad is awesome and got me this disk with 15,000 books on it for the Kindle. You can download a program to read the books on your computer, and it's really kindof nice. I've read a lot of things from fairy tales to biographies and have currently settled on Pride and Prejudice. Now I'm in want of a Kindle so I don't have to carry my computer everywhere to read... =P
People are arriving for dinner, so this is the end of this post. Maybe I'll update later tonite, and maybe I'll include tonite's stories with the post tomorrow. We're having spaghetti and veggies and random stuff.
Goodnight, world.
I didn't know that I could sign up for followups by email. I will in the future. Sorry to hear that your boots are not watertight.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePride and Prejudice <3 spagheti <3
ReplyDelete*spaghetti
Delete