Well, our internet went out again last night, so I didn't get a chance to post.
Monday morning I woke up plenty early (two hours - I did the time difference the wrong way) and went to the train station. I was going to get a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to bring back with me, but they were closed. I got a delicious latte instead. I hopped on the train and went through the chunnel and was back in Brussels with plenty of time.
New classes start this week and yesterday I had my first law class. Prof Mowry is tons of fun and I'm looking forward to being in her class. She uses a lot of examples and really engages the class. Then I went to the grocery store and worked on some projects.
Our lovely communications teacher is here this week, and we have a group project due Thursday. Merely one of the projects I'm working on. We met him after our finance class today, and he's not bad. We did some fun exercises and kindof got to know each other (the whole class) and learned a good bit.
Which is more than I can say for finance... Our teachers are from ICHEC (our sister college) and there are two of them for finance. They switch off and one has a strong accent and the other hates Americans, judging by her comments. I attended class and I feel like I missed a week's material. And it was our very first class. I'm not looking forward to it.
Then I came back and we had our group over for the speech project - we're talking about nationalism and cultural competence and it should be interesting. Nils, Josh, Sam and I are working really well together and I think we're going to have a good speech. At least, I hope so.
Anyways, it's late and we have class at 9 tomorrow, so it's time for bed.
Goodnight, world.
Goodnight Monk, sleep tight
ReplyDelete