Yesterday I did a lot, as I mentioned in last night's post.
It started off with a 9 o'clock communications class. We heard the first group presentation and did impromptu speeches. Given five minutes, we had to outline and prepare a two minute speech. They were not bad. As in surprisingly good. I enjoyed mine. It was about my favorite place in Belgium. I said my apartment because of my awesome roomies, the comfort and familiarity and because everyone always hangs out here. Which leads to what I did after law class.
Sam and I went to the grocery store and got a whole bunch of food (personally 65 euros worth) and I made breakfast for dinner for everyone. French toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs and "bacon." Bacon's in quotes because I said, "Bacon," the guy said, "Breakfast?" and I said, "Yes," and he gave me something surprisingly similar to prosciutto. Not actually knowing what it was, I fried it up and it was still very good. We had something like twenty people come over and it was all good fun. I also made a giant fruit salad and peeled my first pineapple, which was interesting. We had nutella and whipped cream and weird, disgusting sirop (syrup that was more like jelly and tasted like weird molasses), along with some other toppings. I think everyone had fun. I burned three fingers and caught a pan on fire but also had fun and really got a pattern going by the end of the night.
I skipped over law, but it was normal. Mowry is pretty cool and I think I'm going to enjoy class, which is more than I can say about my finance class, the second of which I had today. We got a homework assignment at 10:30 due for class at 12:15, but seeing as I was in communications, that didn't happen.
Instead, I paid attention in communications class, gave our group project and did an impromptu speech on which Europeans were my favorite (Irish because of friendliness, accent, helpfulness, and drinks) and learned some interesting things about my classmates.
Then finance, which is going to be awful. There's the aforementioned homework (first all semester!) and we have a test (after two classes) and there are two teachers - one of which who has the most difficult accent to understand and the other who detests America (judging by several different comments). Multiple times we had to ask more than five times for him to repeat something because we couldn't understand him, and many times he ended up writing words on the board. It was bad. But we'll all suffer together and get through it.
Then we came back, watched some NCIS, the fantastically insane new White Collar episode and I looked for some flights to Israel and wrote some emails and did some research. I'm glad it's the weekend. It's weird because this is the first time all semester I've thought, "Yay! It's finally the weekend!"
I'm going to go make dinner and probably read some law or finance or something.
Goodnight, world.
can i hire you to start a company in ireland?
ReplyDeleteI guess that depends on the company...
ReplyDelete